The Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) has announced that all listed companies will be required to comply with the Environmental, Social and Governance Reporting Guide (ESG Guide) with effect from 1st January 2016, otherwise the companies will need to publicly justify why they do not.
Under this context in Listing Rules, the ESG Guide would drive Hong Kong listed companies to upscale its CSR measures, increase transparency and take bolder action on sustainability issues. Various stakeholders, ranging from customers to investors, are going to examine listed companies' environmental and social performance.
Regardless of where your company is starting from, CCA can help you present the right report to capture the sustainability values while fulfilling the HKEx requirements.
What Carbon Care Asia can offer to corporate clients
- Assist you throughout the different stages of preparation
- Help you establish a clear, tailor-made ESG Reporting roadmap
- Provide guidance to avoid pitfalls
- Save valuable time and resources on ESG reporting
Listed Companies: Challenges and Opportunities
Under the new ESG Guide, company directors and management are required to shoulder additional responsibilities:
- How to plan for ESG Reports?
- What is the most cost-effective approach?
- How to get buy-in from different departments?
- How to develop indicators suitable for both present and future needs?
- How to establish an effective data collection system?
- How to define the most material reporting contents?
- How to engage stakeholders with minimal disruption?
- How to capture brand value through ESG reporting?
- How to develop new products and services in line with emerging values?
- How to spur low-carbon innovation to achieve cost-cutting?
- How to develop a sustainability roadmap?
- How to manage risks through ESG reporting process?