Carbon Care Asia (CCA) provides quality carbon offset products and services in the voluntary carbon market. CCA carbon credits are sold and marketed under the following protocol to ensure the highest degree of integrity and accountability. It is designed not only to prevent mis-selling or double-selling, but to also ensure that all CCA carbon credits are tracked, traded and retired in a reliable and transparent manner.
- CCA markets only carbon credits from offset projects that are registered and validated in accordance with one or more of the following internationally recognised standards:
Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
Climate, Community and Biodiversity Standard (CCBS)
Gold Standard (GS)
Voluntary Carbon Standard (VCS)
VER + Standard (VER+)
- CCA maintains a rigorous internal inventory, which is audited by an independent Certified Public Accountants (CPA), to ensure proper accounting and retirement of all the carbon credits purchased and sold by CCA.
For the sake of transparency, relevant Project Design Documents and public registry project identification numbers in the CCA project portfolio are publicly available on CCA website.
The CPA produces an independent audit report at the end of each audit period. These reports can be provided to clients upon request.
- For voluntary carbon credits that are delivered via open registries, they are managed by CCA through internationally recognized registries.
CCA maintains current accounts with the leading international registry, APX. Transactions and retirement of credits in these registries can be inspected online by clients.
- For voluntary carbon credits that are delivered by documentation and hence not transacted via open registries, they are all tracked by CCA's internal inventory and included in the regular independent audit report.
- CCA guarantees that for every tonne of carbon credit sold to a client, a tonne of carbon credit will be retired from its project portfolio or, if specified, from the relevant project.
For forestry carbon credits which, due to their special characteristics, will be verified on a future date, CCA undertakes to replace them with carbon credits of similar quality in the unlikely event that the original credits cannot be verified due to force majeure or other unforeseen circumstances.